Sunday, May 13, 2007

NEW Baby Pattern

I've been working on a baby doll pattern and class for several months, and today I finally finished it. I can hardly believe it! This was a huge amount of work and I'm so glad it's done. I really love the pattern and doll. She is so sweet. I have never really made baby dolls before I started drafting and tweaking this pattern. I feel kind of like I did when I made my first pair of faerie wings. I'm sure I'll want to make more.

This will probably be my last cloth doll for a while, actually, because I have been itching to learn to work in porcelain. No particular reason, just a burning curiosity. I never have any time and this time I am going to try. I also have a peacock doll / quilt project my kids have been patiently waiting to start!

The class is in the process of being reviewed and the pattern is being tested. Several people have emailed me about BECKY from previous posts, and my website. This is the pattern I promised. (Sorry I'm a little late!!)

Here are a few more pictures of some of the things I've put into the pattern:

An iron-on template to use as a face - painting guide, and step-by-step instructions for details and shading, using Genesis Artist Oils or traditional oil paint. The template was made from a photograph of a vintage doll face, turned into a simple B&W pencil sketch by photo editing software.








































An adorable and VERSATILE dress - can be made from simple cottons and lace, or vintage fabrics

Painting vintage-looking hair







































A new way of jointing


As I mentioned before, this has been a very big job and seems to have taken forever! I am looking forward to the class and meeting new people. Teaching is just so much fun for me, especially at the culmination of a long project like this one! I'll let you all know when I find out exactly when and where the class will be hosted.

Hope to see you there, and as always, thanks so much for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. irreverent, iconoclastic, ecléctic e liberty

    http://telamamaria.blogspot.com
    in Catalonia - Spain

    thank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still intrested in the Art doll Makers ring? If so please post the ring code so members can move from one blog to another. If you need help please email me at garnewtwo@rfcnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine9:27 AM

    Your reproduction is wonderful!
    I am looking forward to learning about the details of your pattern and class. I will check back!

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Spain!

    ruypster - Blog
    Là où je passe, je laisse une trace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dolls. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doll is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rivkah~ Just wanted to stop in and tell you how inspiring you are. Your dolls are beautiful and I SO enjoy your tutorials! Thank you for sharing!
    Nena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!