Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On Vacation

THANK YOU everyone who has offered me a hand with my peacock quilt. I can't tell you how excited I am and what a good feeling I have about it.....

I am on vacation right now visiting my parents who retired to Anna Maria Island, Florida. It is on the west coast of the state, near Sarasota and right on the Gulf of Mexico.
I brought a bunch of the peacock project fabrics with me and mailed out 8 envelopes on Friday. I will be returning home to Seattle this Thursday very late at night. I will be able to get back into it next week!

For those of you who have written about the project, I apologize for being slightly unreachable... I just could not help but take advantage of the wonderful time I am having here.

The island is just lovely, and not crowded. My father goes fishing every day. Yes, every day, maybe twice a day! This morning I went with him and although I did not catch anything, I got to see dolphins jumping out of the water. It was so exhilarating. My parents think it's no big deal- but it was a thrill for me! There are manatees here, too. Maybe I will see one tomorrow. The house is one block from the Gulf of Mexico. The sand is white and the water is green. My mother sits on the beach and goes swimming- with the fish- just about every single day.
These are some vintage postcards of the Island. It really does look like this!
This is the pier where my father fishes every day. The building on the end is now a little restaurant. It's been around just shy of a hundred years. You can see all kinds of interesting marine creatures swimming in the water (and flying over it) as you walk down to the end- where it's over 80'deep. I have more pictures but am not able to post them right now. These are copyright-free images just to give you an idea!


Thank you so much, everyone who has offered to help out with the peacock quilt project. I will put together more envelopes when I get back to Seattle. Please email me at rivkah (dot) mizrahi (at) gmail (dot) com.
Thank you so much and I hope you are having a wonderful end of the summer!

1 comment:

  1. tijerasycuchara7:38 AM

    I like your works, they are beautiful. I congratulate them
    good weekend
    Josefina
    tijerasycuchara.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!