Thursday, August 05, 2010

Sweet Betty

I finally [almost] finished my Betty. She has been a long time coming but definitely worth the wait. Life sometimes gets in the way between artist and art, and I have really come to accept that. I guess it's "part of life!" I rather like the way she turned out. Wouldn't you say?
You will notice that Betty still needs some shoes. That's okay. We like each other because we both like to go around the house with bare feet once in a while. Betty will get new shoes later.
I think she is as adorable as could be, with or without the shoes!


8 comments:

  1. I love your Betty Doll!!!

    What is she made from? Sculpy? Paper clay?

    I live up in Bellingham ~ so we are close!

    : ) Pattee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking Betty; great job!

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a pretty Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very nice! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rivkah
    I saw your comment re not having seen other Betty Boop patterns made up. About four years ago I made the doll up in velour. Couldn't think how to do her hair, so did it with black felt and fine black wool. Not as striking as yours. Her dress is silk. You can see it on my blog, under dolls I've made. I didn't like it. It went to someone in the UK. I do like yours though! http://sfmclothdollswithattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Ilove her but where's her pretty red shoes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dolls making. I wish there was someway of sharing your dolls with the dolls section of my blog Hobby Lobby which delas with hobbies of people around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!