Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake!

This afternoon I was standing in my kitchen, when suddenly everything around me started to wibble-wobble.
Earthquake!
I said to myself, "Oh I'm from Seattle.  I've been through an earthquake before.  I hope it stops... let's see, what should I do?  Go under a table?  Stand in a door frame?

Then I realized I'm in Brooklyn, NY!

Everything was shaking and a floor lamp nearly fell over.  The pictures on the walls shifted.  It started getting scary but then the thing ended pretty much just as quickly as it started.  I realized I wanted to go outside but I wasn't dressed!   Who would ever have thought- an earthquake in NYC?

I called my mom who lives in Florida.  According to her, they were just "missed" by a major hurricane, so guess who is probably going to get it by next week?
Woo hoo!

Truth be told, I wanted to report about some new art in the works.  I am off from "school" and start my last quarter in the end of September.  I'll be totally done in December and hopefully I will have much more time to create!  But for now, I'm catching up on some things and plan to get started on a new project - my first one since I've been in NY.  For me, it will be truly "earth shattering!"

I'll keep you posted!



4 comments:

  1. I hope you are all stocked up in preparation of the hurricane. The meeting of the Brooklyn Doll Club was canceled since public transportation will be shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:47 AM

    Hello Rivkah!
    Hope it is all OK with you and your family!
    I am Rosa ( bought Orianna and Becky pattern, you talked about me on August 08 post).
    Some days ago, i send you a message by Etsy about difficulties i have.
    Please,When you have time, could you answering? Would be a great favor!
    Thanks a lot again!
    Rosa Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. VW Passat Turbocharger

    I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, please allow me to blog about this post.. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!