Tuesday, April 14, 2015

3D Fabric Eyes

I'd like to share a new doll in the works.  She's getting 3D fabric eyes.
So far I just made a pair of eyes, turned them around and stuffed them lightly.  Then I set the eyes into the head.  Slits were made using an Exacto knife.
I'll need to add eyelids and carefully set the eyes in place underneath, probably with a bit of extra careful manipulation.

Here is a closeup of the eye.  It's made on muslin, and colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I'll go over it again once the eyes are permanently in place.
 

These eyes may look a little (ok, a lot) funny now, but I hope they will look great when I'm done!  

I hope you visit again to see how she turns out.  Happy dolling and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I think the most important thing is the perspective while creating the face. As I can see you are creating the dolls in a very proper perspective. I really enjoy your blog and posts. Take care.
    Gamze
    littlefabien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!