Friday, May 08, 2015

Dolling on a Park Bench

How to you make time for doll making when you are extremely busy?

Take it with you!


I'm on my lunch break now, and it's a beautiful day in City Hall Park. I've brought a doll head and a needle, thread, pins, and fabric along.  Rather than listening to music or doing nothing, I'll do some dolling on a park bench!

Today is Friday and everybody in my office adheres to the jeans-on-Friday policy.  I  just added the eccentric sneakers.  Yep, that's "me!"  Dolling a-la-lunch break!



I am making fabric hair for this doll.  An experiment of sorts-  I'm tired of needle felting.  I want to try something different so I'm " sculpting"hair.  It's not going to be a quick process, so I need to account for my time and make it happen.

I'm an accountant by profession... and you know what?  I think that career track is directly related to being an artist because you have to be detail-oriented and disciplined.  Just like money, every moment accounted for can make or break your goals.  Sometimes just finding 15 minutes here and there is all you need.  So I debit my dolls and credit my lunch.  Or is it the other way around?

But in the meantime, I'm enjoying dolling on a park bench for a few blissful minutes before I have to run back to the office.

I think my doll is enjoying the park, too...

Some people are looking at me like I am strange as I am taking these photos.  
"What is that??"
Maybe strangeness is a doll making virtue.  Let's call it 'eccentric.'  Better yet, let's call it passion.  Whenever you are passionate about something, you find a way to do it when you really can't.
Lower Manhattan, watch out because here I am.  Or, here we are.  Me and my dolls, that is.  

Back to work!!!  (Yes, I'm a government accountant)!  I work for the Comptroller.
I don't think my dolls can run for Mayor but they have my vote anyway!

City Hall

Have a great weekend, everyone, and Happy dolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!