Saturday, May 09, 2015

Needlepoint for Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

Ever since I can remember, my mom made needlepoints.  These weren't your average needlepoints.  They were on the "okay this is really different" side.
I'm not saying that needlepointing is 'unplugged" or that people who do it are not like the "rest of us," but my mother's needlepoint canvas choices stun everyone who walks into the house.  Literally.

She loves nudes.
Nudes, nudes, NUDES!!

What a childhood I had!
And I'm not kidding.

After at least 45 years of needlepointing (some of her pictures are from my earliest memories), the entire house is full of bare-breasted needlepointed portraits from Picasso to Klimt to Renoir and more.  My poor dad!

So this year, I bought my mother just what she needs for mother's Day- another needlepoint.  It's not nude but I like it.  It's eccentric, like me.

Come to think of it, this looks like a great doll candidate....

I found it in this Etsy shop.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all the moms.  I hope you find what inspires you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!